The overall vision for the bottom box came together nicely. We knew that we wanted to include the instructions and some special styles of play, and of course the bottom of the box needed to include a lot of the necessary business information. Pat made it all connect together nicely using the snake mascot and speech bubble concept.
Like on the top box, the devil was in the details. We spent a lot of time on the wording of the instructions, which was actually the culmination of over a year and a half of play testing various rule changes. The breakthrough came when we decided to get rid of the numbered list because it was taking too much room and actually making the game look too complicated. On the special styles side, the hardest part was winnowing down our long list of brainstormed ideas to five, and then choosing names that fit within the brand. Fortunately there is no shortage of s-words in the English language!