Traveling always comes with a big to-do list. Moving somewhere for 1-2 years is even more crazy. Here is my to-do list (omitting some details) for my last 36 hours in the US. It was definitely a whirlwind, but everything got done!
- Unpack from trip to the cabin.
- Review POA responsibilities with dad. Revise docs accordingly.
- At Kohls: Buy luggage, slippers
- Deposit last reimbursement checks at ATM
- Do final laundry and start to pack
– Prepare work computer to turn in tomorrow at MPA.
– Set up new blog because old one is blocked in China
– Email new blog address out to first wave of contacts.
– Continue copying all files on to backup external hard drive.
– Scan some personal effects to bring with as time allows
- Finish packing
– Cancel cell phone. Unlock phone for use in China.
– Call bank so they don’t stop my card in China.
– Update/create hard copies and e-copies of impt. files for dad.
– Verify insurance policy changes
– Store computers, printer, and file cabinet
– Organize all belongings in storage area
– Remove sheets.
– Return card table to laundry room
- At MPA (early afternoon):
– Copy emails, calendar, and contacts on to the external hard drive.
– Set away message for email
– Return BSP external hard drive with archived files.
– Turn in computer to tech center.
– Turn in keys and fob to HR.
– Goodbyes to colleagues in the bldg.
- Dinner with family in the PM
- Pick up a few snacks and a book for the trip.