We had a lot of exciting memories:
– Road trip to Michigan for Mark’s wedding
– Tian passing her road test!
– Ski trips to Afton, Highland, and Grand Marais
– Hydroplaning (planned)
– Helping me through dates!
– Annual student and teacher recruitment presentation tours
– Weekly summer Sams Club runs
Some painful memories too:
– Three flat tires in four months in 2008.
– Tian flunking her road test the first time.
– Getting scratched in the local car wash.
– Getting soaked with sap each night beneath the boulevard tree
– Pulled over by cop for speeding on Frost Ave. (but no ticket!)
– The indignity of parking tickets
For five years, we avoided accidents and moving violations, and we got by without significant mechanical failures. She was a great car, and I will miss her. But I am comforted by the fact that I was able to blow her a kiss goodbye and also by the fact that she is with great new owners. They can provide her with the love she needs during the next chapter of her life’s story.