Tian found an apartment for us! We are excited about it for a bunch of reasons:
– 10 minutes to work by bus
– 2 blocks to subway station
– Bustling neighborhood called “Wudaokou”
– Easy access to restaurants and shopping
– 2 bedrooms
– Furnished with basics
– 3,900 yuan (about $550) per month.
The other good news is that we’re taking over another tenant’s lease, so the commitment is only for six months as of now. We also don’t have to pay an agent one month’s rent for finding the apartment. Tian can also move in later this week; it will be helpful to be 10 minutes (rather than 1.5 hours) away from work when she starts her new job next week.
Some pictures will be coming soon…